2.19.2010

{ plate hanging 101 }



Ta Ta Ta Daaa....Here it is, the finished project.

Step 5 - is to simply measure the back of your plate for hanger placement, and tack your nail in place.

Honestly, this is just really a lot of trial and error, I find that a few tiny holes in the wall behind an object really don't bother me. If it bothers you to have lots of holes, then you should definitely measure twice & nail once.

Another thing, I started out with the invisible plate hangers that you glue to the back of the plates, but after trying one, I figured out that it is very difficult to line up a plate pattern with a small hook when you only get one shot. Sooo, I took them back and traded them for the traditional plate hangers, and my job was so much easier, and much faster....as there is no 24 hour drying period.

So, what do you think? Is it an improvement?

While I was out looking for my plate hangers the other day, I actually ran across a fabric that I really liked for new curtains. This is actually so disgusting, because I used to have beautiful custom silk drapes that puddled on the floor ever so nicely, but that was before we introduced two new kittens into our house...need I say more?

Here is the window wall before, and a shot of the fabric I've picked. I like this fabric, because it has all of my favorite colors in it, and I really want a new sisal rug with a black border, and I think it will tie in nicely.






stay tuned for more updates. I think it will take my seamstress a couple of weeks to get these made up for me, but I can't wait to get them back and share more pics.

Now I'm off to get everything ready for a sweet 16 (sigh)

Happy Friday!

*peace & love*

Carrie

p.s. Fit Friday update --- I did absolutely nothing this week as far as real exercise goes, but I think I more than made up for it with all of the cleaning and rearranging activities.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Carrie, it looks fabulous, i love it! And the fabric will look great with the rug you are describing! I can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto everything Tara said - you're doing a fantastic job, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Carrie!! The plates look amazing. You have done such a wonderful job!!! Enjoy them:) I love your fabric choice! Can't wait to see the curtains. Have a wonderful weekend ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie that turned out Great! I didn't think of it when I read your first post but when you said you bought plate hangers I remembered I found this how-to http://www.marthastewart.com/good-things/wire-plate-hangers
    and used it when hanging plates in my kitchen. It worked great and was a very inexpensive way to make your own plate hangers. Sorry too late for your project but maybe your readers will find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi carrie...
    just stopped in and love your plate hanging decor. may i just ask where a person finds plate hangers? i am trying to do that in our bathroom but get stummped when i come to that part of the process!!

    thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops just read the note above...however, if you could tell me a store name, that would be great!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the brown transferware. I have several pieces myself. could you be my long lost sister?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey just found you and so love the plates. you did a fantastic job. Great idea of tracing them out and hanging them up, it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...