9.20.2012

:: vintage appeal



Hello friends,  I hope you are all well. I snapped this photo today on my way home from lunch with my dad. I so wish I could buy & restore this old house. I love everything about it...the front porch, the green tin roof & that lovely old screen door. I want & need this house,  it would make a perfect antique store...vintage...knitting shop...don't you think. It makes me sad that it sits there empty & in disrepair. I think it needs a new owner & some TLC....wish it could be me. 

Now let's move on to something I can actually afford to buy. How about this little vintage dental cabinet for instance. Another little something I love everything about. All those drawers & handles, the stripped down drawers & that great chalk paint finish. I just couldn't let this piece get away. I can't wait to get it into the house & figure out where I'm going to put it. Unfortunately the hubs went hunting this evening & is making me wait till morning to get it out of my truck for me. So, as soon as this guy finds his new home & gets gussied up I'll share some new pics with you. Pics from a real camera and not a phone I promise. 



I can't wait till morning : ).

{ peace, love & hugs }
Carrie

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Love that chest! I, too have always wanted to restore an old house...especially a farmhouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! I love that little treasure. Its shabbiness is one of its charm. Love it. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love that old house too...someone needs to move in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so Right- How fun-amazing it would be to fix up that darling weathered lil house- can you imagine the history behind it-the stories it could tell...
    The lil piece is cute too...
    Thanks for sharing..
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cabinet is pretty cool. I think I may need to find me one of those - my husband is an artist and something like that would be great to hold paintings and other art pieces. Can't wait to see how you gussy it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, this is just absolutely adorable! I love it, and I can't wait to see it in your beautiful home.

    I have missed you SO much. I dropped by to wish you a happy fall. I am still sans computer. We had to do some major, MAJOR work to our house which was unexpected, and I hate to make Mr. Magpie buy me another computer right now. We still have some more work to do, so maybe after it's done, I can return to blogging. In the mean time, I have to borrow his computer at night when I can.

    I have missed you, my friend, and I hope you and your family are all doing well.

    Take care and be blessed.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some nice images that you post. You have perfect photo capturing idea. Thanks for post it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Carrie~ Just came across your blog and looks like we have a lot in common! Oh, don't get me started on that beautiful old house...I see that a lot, and my mind goes everywhere with it...like yours! I need a billion dollars, where money is no option, my imagination to restore them has no bounds! Anyway, I am your newest follower! From one sweetie to another~~~~Roxie p.s. great cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful home with alil hard work it would be Amazing! Turn it into a book store craft shop ect.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...