10.21.2010

{ a rosey ring }


I'm always trying to think of new ideas and ways to use my knits,

and while I was knitting a rose brooch for a customer 

I had the idea that a rosey ring would be quite cute too.

So, I scrounged through my yarn stash looking for some tiny lace weight yarn.

Needless to say, I don't have a whole lot, but I did manage to find a ball of this turquoise color.

Not exactly what you think of when you think of roses, but it's still fun & I do them in all colors.




I then found one of the tiniest pairs of needles I own, this vintage pair of size 1's.




Then I cast on my stitches and started knitting the tiniest thing I think I've knit to date.




   


It was a little bit of a challenge, because this yarn is a little too fuzzy for this project, 

and those needles are just so small.  I admire all the ladies out there who knit socks with tiny needles.

Maybe one day, I'll tackle something a little bit larger with the baby needles.

For now, though, I'm happy with the way this turned out.




It's a little larger than I would like for it to be, but again I was just playing around with the yarn on hand.

I would like to give some crochet thread a try, and maybe even a smaller needle.

I have some lovely vintage tortoiseshell needles from Australia, and they are believe it or not tinier.

I simply sewed on an adjustable ring base, and there you have it a cute little accessory.




I'll have to get busy making some of these little cuties up for the farmer's market this fall,

I'm sure there are some little girl's and maybe big ones too who would think these very fun.

Lots of ideas popping up in my head for ways to use these little roses.


Thanks for stopping by,

and as always, thank you so much for the sweet comments.

I love nothing more than to read each and every one that comes in, they make my day.


Now, back to knitting for me.


:: peace & love ::

Carrie




Pin It

8 comments:

  1. love that sweet turquoise rose ring.
    it turned out beautifully, carrie.

    have a lovely day.
    xo
    ~molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie,
    Thanks for checking me out!

    I have looked through bunches of your fab posts. I am so going to try the homemade laundry soap...love that idea!! The turquoise ring is so cute.

    I can't wait to see more. Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! I would definitely wear one of those knit rings, how fun and unique!!
    ~michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, that is absolutely gorgeous in every way! I love the colour:) I have used tiny guage needles to make some socks and once I got used to it, my ordinary size 10s (3mm) needles seemed like huge tree branches;) I just love seeing what you are knitting Carrie, your creations are amazing. Wishing you a wonderful weekend as always ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The knitted ring is so cute and looks so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute look! I bet they'd sell fast at the market. Winter's so good for that - projects to tuck away 'til spring & summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! Great for fall and winter ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...