1.22.2013

:: snow day


We finally had our first snow of 2013 last Thursday. It was so exciting when the first flakes started to fall. We all gathered around the window doing our snow dances while watching the huge flakes fall to the ground. The kids were super happy to finally have their first snow day, and a Friday at that...even better.

The only downside was that it put us a day behind in our weekend plans of taking a trip up to the cabin. The upside was that when the power was back on & the roads cleared we were able to extend our snow day to a whole weekend because there was still quite a bit of snow in the mountains.



This is the view out of one of the old cabins tiny windows. I love how my mother has her aqua ball jars lined up in the windowsill framed by her sweet handmade curtains.


There are few things I love more in this world than a good ol' wood fire, and this woodpile kept us nice & toasty all weekend. Thankfully Papa kept us stocked up with freshly split wood...and I think he really enjoyed it too. It was so nice to enjoy the crackle & pop of a real wood fire while knitting, reading, playing games & drinking coffee.

We did venture out of the cabin for several meals at the local cafe. We also took a little road trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway to one of our favorite scenic destinations Mabry's Mill. The roads along the parkway are never scraped, so you definitely need four wheel drive to travel safely along these slippery roads. It was worth it though to see the Mill with snow for the first time.



What a beautiful sight it was. My family has now decided that the next time they call for snow we are hopping in the truck and high tailing it to the mountains so we can enjoy the snow falling while nestled into a toasty warm cabin.

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie


Pin It

2 comments:

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...