7.27.2011

:: what I did

Here's what I did with my abundance of cherry tomatoes.


First I sliced them in half and layered them on a parchment covered cookie sheet, 
drizzled them with a little olive oil, added salt & pepper and some garlic powder { I didn't have any fresh on hand }.


I baked them in a 375 degree oven for about and hour or until they looked good and roasted.
Oh my.....My house smelled absolutely divine....mouth watering.


I found a recipe on All Recipes for a simple & quick pizza crust, I mixed it up according to all of the directions 
and then rolled it out to fit my cast iron pizza pan {love it...a gift from a neighbor who owns a pizza pub}.
 Then I simply brushed on more olive oil, added my cheese, tomatoes & some fresh basil from my deck herb garden {I will share soon}.  
I baked it at 375 until the cheese was nicely colored & bubbling {very exact directions huh} A professional chef I am not. 


Here it is all ready to be eaten up by me.  Now to be honest this was quite bland as I didn't add enough basil or other spices to the actual pizza, 
so I would suggest spicing it up with whatever spices appeal to you. When I reheated it the next day I added some salt & pepper, 
a little fresh oregano & more basil....that really did the trick...Yum-O. The crust was pretty good...
but when I have more time I will try a whole wheat crust recipe.... in a rush this worked just fine with a few simple ingredients.


It musn't have been too bad though because I had three pieces....I can never stop at just one. I loved the flavor of the fresh roasted tomatoes, 
sweet & tart...yummy. I just picked more cherry tomatoes yesterday, so this recipe will be coming to my kitchen again soon....
with a whole wheat crust and more spices of course.  I also  froze the left over roasted tomatoes for future recipes.

So there you have it, what I'll be doing later today....roasting more garden fresh tomatoes.

Happy Cooking
Carrie




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally making this! You have inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. I have basil to be eaten and a favorite dough recipe to be used. I'm loving how you roasted the tomatoes! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...that looks yummmy!! I love homemade pizza. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...