11.09.2010

{ bringing the green inside }

I must have one of these beautiful terrariums from Pottery Barn.  I recently lost some of my indoor herbs so I think it's time to create a better environment for them.  I have the perfect spot for a tabletop terrarium and I'm adding one of these to my Christmas list right now.  There certainly couldn't be a more beautiful way to protect and grow my indoor herbs.  As soon as I saw this beauty in the holiday catalog I knew I would have to have one, but seeing how expensive they are made me do a little searching around for other options.... this one is my favorite terrarium by far... I love the aged look of it and the shape is so lovely... but there are so many other lovely ideas out there that I just had to share some with you.








This is a lovely little tabletop terrarium made by Smith & Hawken via Country Living.  I love the shape of it , obviously a fall theme going on here with the crow, and little orange flowers... so simple... so cute.




How about this freestanding beauty,  found here I could easily make a place in my home for something as perfect as this.  I love everything about it and my plants and herbs would surely think this a perfect indoor home... if I were a plant I know I would.  Hmmm, this poses the question what plant would I be?




The simplicity of this display caught my eye  { found here }.  This seems easily achieved for a lot less money, a large vintage bowl easily found while thrifting { I probably already have one }, and a lovely large antique cloche that shouldn't be too hard to find though probably a little more expensive if it's an antique. Isn't it absolutely stunning.  I  have the perfect spot and table for this little lovely.




Finally, something I know i can afford, because I already have one just like it for free.  I love my large apothecary jars and I have one that would be perfect for a terrarium project.  I'm certainly adding this to my to do list.  I found the image here, isn't it lovely.  I'm going to have to do some research to find out which plants do best inside of a terrarium.  I may have to buy this book, for more information it looks like a great resource, and you can browse the pages here.




Whew, I didn't mean for this post to get so long, and this isn't even the tip of the iceberg on the lovely images I found today.  At least now I have lots of inspiration for bringing some green inside this winter.  I can't wait for the opportunity to try out making my own terrarium.  If you love the look, but don't want to make it yourself... there are lots of sellers on Etsy who make the most lovely terrariums.


Now, I'm off to shoot some photos for my shop while the sun is shining and I have some natural light.  

Have a wonderful Tuesday.     

:: peace & hugs :: Carrie
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. If you have a Home Goods store or TJ Max ck in there.Sometimes things like that come in.I got lucky one time and found a really cool one at Good Will.Yeah,I know ...What were the chances.
    Fun Finds 2 U...Chickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Chickie, I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled at those places. I love T J Maxx & Goodwill. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That PB terrarium is a beauty! The other ideas of yours are unique, too, esp. the cloche and bowl!! I love the fern in the one you featured.
    I love touches of green inside during the holidays, too. Maybe it's because everything is so stark and gray outside in the winter.
    ~michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a cutie one at a store we have here called Artco. There were little figures (snowmen, birds) in it. Mmmmmmmm now that I have seen your lovely post, I may have to head back there. Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loved seeing all of these neat terrariums, Carrie! I think my favorite is the free standing one... love it! And I like the one that looks like a cloche, too. They are all neat!

    If I were going to be a plant, I would want to be something like a split leaf philodendrum (sp) because they are green and look great in simple glass containers. Put one or two or three in one, and you have a stunning look!

    But I also wouldn't mind being a palm tree. I love Florida, and palms are usually in warmer climates and often on islands. Balmy breezes and blue skies... sounds nice! ;-)

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. I'm checking it out for myself today!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...