11.08.2010

{ kid heaven }

My kids had the best weekend ever they both got to spend time doing something they love,  and they were both in  H E A V E N.


 



Saturday my sister and I took Miss "P" to an event to raise money for a blind horse farm.  Miss "P" couldn't have been happier, she new there was going to be a pony ride and there was no way she was going to let us miss it.  Lucky her, it ended up actually being a horse and not a pony.  She was in complete heaven....doesn't she look lovely perched atop that horse.






Sunday my little guy and his dad spent some boy time going to see the Carolina Panthers.  When their tickets fell through, they went ahead and drove to the game and bought tickets on the street. There was no way my little man was going to miss this game...he was so excited.  It's so fun to see your kids get so excited about something they love, and boy does he love his football.  He ended his perfect day at one of our favorite rib joints " Sticky Fingers ",  and he and his dad sent me these pics so I could drool over what I was missing out on.  I'm so happy they had such a great day of good father son bonding time, I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and children.




Now, Now, the weekend involved some fun time for Mama too.  After the horse ride on Saturday, My sis and I got to get out and do a little shopping.  Mama was in dire need of some fall and winter attire, so we went to my favorite place to shop... Anthropologie... never has there been a more perfect place to shop for clothing, and home. I love going there to see their displays... they are absolutely the most creative, and now I want to recreate the cardboard tree stumps they had on display somewhere in my home... don't know where, but they were sooo cool looking.



I didn't walk away from this little expedition to Anthro empty handed... { not that I ever can really }I found two great fall/winter pieces to add to my wardrobe, a lovely lightweight sweater and a super soft knit jacket that will see much wear this winter I'm sure.  Since the budget was pretty much blown at this point... it was off to Old Navy for some layering pieces.  You really can't beat their prices on their super soft basic long sleeve henleys and tees,  and their winter coats and jackets were on sale 50% off, I found a great casual coat for $29 bucks.  We both racked up there, and I blew the rest of my budget....but at least now I have a winter wardrobe.

Woo Hoo for Mama Wren... I won't be cold this winter.


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.


:: peace & love ::

Carrie


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a great weekend! The blind horse farm sounds so interesting, you'll have to send me the link. I always worry a bit about my horse as he ages as his breed is prone to blindness issues (he is an Appaloosa.)
    Looks like your son had a fun time at the game, too! I had to chuckle at your shopping expedition, like you, I can get a few key pieces that are more costly, then supplement from Target or a thrift shop......
    ~michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend. Your kids are so cute! And what a neat event to help those horses. Glad that Mama Wren got some cute clothes, too!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...